We all know that person who won’t stop complaining.
And if you’re honest you’ve done it to varying degrees at times too. We all have!
Here’s why it’s silly:
The normal way we mature and evolve as people is as follows:
1. You’re a baby. You cry. Someone fixes your problems.
2. You’re a toddler. You cry or complain. Sometimes somebody fixes it. Sometimes they don’t. (Our son is 17 months and currently at this phase!)
3. You’re a teenager. You bitch and complain out loud. Nobody fixes your problems. They tell you to grow up. You sulk inside your head. Eventually you get bored and decide to fix it yourself.
4. You’re a young adult. You know complaining just pisses people off. So you moan in your head for a while. Sulk a bit. Then eventually step up and fix it yourself.
5. You’re a mature adult. You notice a problem. You take responsibility. You fix it yourself.
Unfortunately many people get stuck and don’t progress beyond stage 2 or 3!
They have a problem and they sulk and moan and complain. They get a bit of sympathy, and perhaps once in a while a kind soul will help them out. But because they don’t help themselves, they stay stuck. They keep on sulking but their problems remain. This leaves them in a state of emotional discomfort or pain.
They look for ways to escape or anaesthetise themselves from this pain. They binge on junk food. They smoke cigarettes. They drink alcohol (to excess)
Since they haven’t accepted responsibility for their life, their happiness, their body, they remain stuck and blame everybody else and everything else.
Maybe they feel stuck in a destructive relationship. They blame their partner. They cheat on their partner. They bitch about their partner. They blame their partner for their own insecurity.
They don’t like their job. They blame their boss or their clients. They do the minimum they can get away with. Their career goes nowhere.
They don’t like their body shape. They blame their childhood, or their genetics, or their environment.
Deep down they know what they should do. They may even tell themselves and others what they’re going to do. But they don’t deliver. This hammers their self-esteem and self worth. They sulk some more and continue to anaesthetise themselves. They feel very insecure.
CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVE!
1. At some point you make a decision to TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY for yourself, your life, and your results, or lack thereof.
2. You apply TENACIOUS RESOLVE in the face of any and every obstacle, set back, and uncertainty.
You change some aspect of your life for the better. You said you were going to do something and you delivered. Your sense of pride, self-esteem, and integrity go through the roof. Your belief in yourself and your capabilities is enhanced. Your inner strength increases. Your sense of security in yourself increases.
You try the same tactic with other things in your life. It works! You get to design your own life because you take responsibility and work hard with tenacious resolve.
Changing your body becomes so much easier. You don’t have stressful emotions to anaesthetise all the time, and you create the mindset required to get the results you want, not just with your body, but every area of your life.
You become happy, successful, AND fit and healthy, because, in a nutshell, you decided to grow up and took ownership of your life.
NEED HELP? Book your call to start your transformation: